One of my favourite things to do is furniture shop. Whether it’s for my clients or just to see what’s out there I found a few hours every weekend to browse. Time and time again I find I’m looking for the same type of furniture (chair, table, lamp) or a similar aesthetic or characteristic.
Furniture piece most commonly sourced:
1) Sideboard table or console (Storage piece- no one ever has enough)
2) Dining table or side table
3) Dining chair (Something that is more of an art piece or has a pop of colour)
1) Reclaimed wood or aged metal finish (great way to bring character into a space by bring in something that references the past)
2) Bold graphic pattern or a monochromatic fabric with tons of texture. ( great way to bring colour and visual interest into a space)
3) Furniture pieces with interesting geometric lines. (furniture that has sculptural elements in the legs or back).
Below: I found this at Shelter Furniture store and would love to see this in my house or a clients. It allows for plenty of storage, it references the past with its reclaimed wood finish and bronze cup pulls and it is in a light wood finish which is very on trend.
2) This next one is also from Shelter. This would be well suited in an office or bedroom, somewhere you require plenty of storage and organization of smaller items (perfect sewing room storage)
3) This dining chair is from West Elm. I love the walnut wood, highly textured woven seat and the beautifully rich colour palette.
4) Another great one from West Elm is this occasional table. I like the contrast of white and black and the sculptural legs on this table. It adds a lot of interest to a space but still feels light and airy suitable for a smaller space.
6) Again, West Elm, the graphic print and colour combination make this a winner for me. I also love the leg detail and aged metal studs.
I’d love to hear your favourite retail therapy spot! let me know in the comments